All those “list” posts for writers annoy me. Especially the ones I’ve written. Most especially, this one:
1. A brick is skilled at staying on task. Put one in front of a computer, it will sit there for hours.
2. A brick doesn’t jump in front of a truck when it gets a rejection letter.
3. A brick understands the importance of structure.
4. A brick rarely complains on Twitter and Facebook about the unfairness of bricklayers.
5. A brick isn’t jealous of other bricks. (Except those at J. K. Rowling’s house.)
6. A brick doesn’t stress over its Amazon.com ranking.
7. A brick can build a bridge or start a revolution.
8. A brick isn’t perfect. It’s okay with that.
9. With a little help, a brick can fly.
10. Bricks never waste your time with “10 Things…” posts.